Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sick Baby Bailee...again!

Bailee is sick..again! We found out yesterday that she is in the middle of her 3rd ear infection, in just 30 short days. My heart breaks for her, because she is always in so much pain.

I knew she had another ear infection starting on her this past Friday. She never gets a high fever at first, but any time I lay her down...well let's just say that's not an ok thing to do. SHE SCREAMS due to all the pressure in her baby ears. Saturday night, we got ZERO sleep, and I felt so helpless. PM Pediatrics was already closed that evening, but we agreed we would take her Sunday night.

Sunday night rolled around, we packed the girls up and headed to PM Pediatrics. I'm not going to say anything else about that doctor, but he said she did not have an ear infection....that she was just teething. I told him that was wrong and she had to have an infection but he said no, and walked out of the room.

I know when something is wrong with my children, and I knew something was wrong with Bailee.

I called her normal doctors office first thing the next morning, luckily, they could see her at 10am. Have I stressed enough on here about how much I LOVE Doctor Wiley?!?! He is the best doctor ever! He knew instantly why we were back with Bailee, and was very concerned.

A thorough exam later {with Bell screaming the whole time...she is anti-anyone except mommy and daddy} he said her right ear was infected. He saw green and yellow puss in there. Of course, knowing something wasn't right with my baby, I instantly got mad at the PM Pediatrics doctor. If it was this infected only 14 hours after seeing him, then it had to have been infected at his office!!!!! Thankfully, we have an amazing pediatrician who is never in a hurry, and listens to our concerns as parents. He gave her a much stronger antibiotic that I had never even heard of. 

Everyone say a little prayer for my babies ears to heal this time. It breaks my heart knowing there is nothing I can do to ease her pain. I would take it away in a split second if I could.

Thankfully, she napped on my chest all day yesterday, and she got a little rest last night as well. I hope this new medicine will help her and keep those mean ear infections away for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment