Saturday, August 20, 2011

Stuck on the highway...in Alabama

On Wednesday I decided to take a little road trip down to Huntsville, Alabama to see my sister, cousins and aunt. Aunt Sabrina had never met Bailee, and she turned 11 weeks this past Thursday, so I decided it was time for a visit. Me and the girls loaded up in my ever so faithful Jeep, and hit the road at 10 Wednesday morning. David stayed home because he had a lot to get done before he started his ride alongs on Friday. So with lots of hugs and kisses goodbye we were off on our adventure!!
When we got to Amber and Patrick's house Carlee was SO excited. Amber could easily pass for the crazy animal lady...she has every animal you could think of. She has a dog (Bella), a cat, 2 birds (Kiki was the girl), and a fish. Of course to every little 4 year old that was heaven!!! She played forever holding the Kiki the bird and Bella.
Kiki

Bella

She LOVED Kiki on her head

Sleepy baby girl

sisters!!!

Princess Bella  



After we left Amber's house we hung out with my cousin Ashley and her little boy Liam, who is just a few months younger than Carlee. They played so good together and had so much fun!!!! Then we went to Aunt Sabrina's for a going to college cookout for my cousin Kelsey.
The next morning Patrick dropped Amber back off at Aunt Sabrina's so we could all go to Ihop to eat breakfast because we were STARVED to death. So we loaded up the girls in my Jeep and...click click click, my Jeep wouldnt start. Great. So we called David and he said it the battery was dead in it. Well we jumped it off with Kelseys car and it started right up. Pretty impressive work for a car full of girls right? So off we went to Ihop and just as I stopped at a traffic light on the highway...MY JEEP TURNED OFF!!! Of course I was in the middle lane with busy traffic in the blazing heat with my babies in the car. Well I immediately turned on my flashers, but great, my battery was so dead that they wouldnt even turn on. This is perfect timing!!!!! Of course seeing a damsel in distress 3 men stopped and tried to jump us off again with no luck. Then our savior pulled up!!!! COWBOY MAN! This little truck pulled up beside us, and out hopped  a little man in a cowboy hat with an awesome accent. The first thing he said to us was, "whats going on little ladies, it wont jump off again will it?" After we told him our story he quickly decided the best solution would be to push the Jeep to the mall parking lot to get the babies out of the heat and traffic. He quickly turned to his truck and pulled out a traffic cone. lol who has a traffic cone randomly in their truck? Oh well he set it in front of his truck, just as another man pulled up to investigate the damsel in distress situation. So with 2 big men with us, cowboy man looked me dead in the eyes and said in his hilarious accent, "can you drive this Jeep while we push it?" Of course I can was my quick reply. So I jumped behind the wheel, and just as the men wee walking behind the Jeep another guy pulled up to see what he could do to help. So here we were with my Jeep loaded down with girls, and 3 men behind it ready to push. As they started to push it I just knew this was going to be a breeze. I had to get my girls to the air conditioning of the mall...I was a mommy on a mission. Well after the men gave us running push down the hill I immediately realized that turning the steering wheel was EXTREMELY difficult, and right about that time cowboy man yelled its gonna be hard to drive, the power steering is out. GREAT TIMING COWBOY MAN!! We were coasting pretty quick down the hill and the mall entrance was a sharp turn to get into...oh my gosh I about ran all over the curb, I swear it was so hard to turn the steering wheel, especially since I wasnt expecting it to be hard. Me, Kelsey, Amber, Carlee and Bailee were flying thru the mall parking lot at this point, and I finally saw a parking spot i could just pull straight into. Well needless to say cowboy man forgot to mention the brakes would be hard to push as well, so I cam less than a centimeter away from hitting the car parked in front of us. That was the scariest/funniest thing that had ever happened to me. But we made it safely into the mall, got the kids cooled off, and waiting on Ashley to come pick us up. After Aunt Sabrina got off work she ran by the mall to get my battery out and take it to O'Rileys to get it checked. It wouldnt even read on the little machine there, so we bought a new battery and it started right up. Thank goodness!!!! Then after my cousin Riley got off work he double checked my alternator (he is a mechanic at Toyota) and he said everything was just fine! Yay!!!! I was so ready to be home, but very thankful that it was just the battery that needed replacing.
We left Huntsville around 8 and half way thru the trip would you believe my air quit working?!?! Me and the girls were so hot by the time we got to Chattanooga. I was just thankful to be home safe though, and luckily yesterday when we went grocery shopping my air magically worked again. My little Jeep has been good to me so far, and I hope it stays together for a while longer.


I know I havent been updating my blog to much either in the past week, so here is a catch up of lots of pictures!!
Grumpy playing dominoes with Carlee

snuggle time



snoozing away at Morgans pool


she took a picture of herself


non-picniked picture of us

lol edited thru picnik.com

bath time baby

she still has silly hair




favorite!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I laughed the whole way through this! Glad you guys are safe!

    ReplyDelete