Monday, September 12, 2011

Crafty Monday

Good Monday everyone!!! I have been itching to get my hands onto some amazing craft ideas, and this past weekend I finally stumbled upon one...decorating a lamp shade with coffee filters!!!

I AM SO INTO STUFF LIKE THIS!!

I just knew I had to make this for Miss Bailee's room. Her room is painted purple, and is decorated with white accents so this little project is just perfect!! Carlee helped by handing me the coffee filters, and we worked on it together while Bailee took her long morning nap.

It is a very cheap, fun project to try if any of you moms get bored one afternoon!! All I used was a small lamp shade, 3 packs of 160 count coffee filters, a marker (so you don't burn your finger with the hot glue), and a hot glue gun (with lots of extra glue sticks). If anyone wants to know exactly how to make one just comment to me below this post and ill put up the easy directions!
coffee filter lamp shade

close up of the amazing texture
 As I was taking pictures of Bailee's new lamp shade I decided I needed to show off the rest of her little cute decorations. Her favorite thing right now is her little purple elephant that big sister Carlee picked out for her while she was still in my belly. She bops herself in the face with it while she tries to hold it, and obviously that is the funniest thing in the world...it makes her crack up!
her elephant
her butterfly mobile above her bed

her curtains

Well now that I have shown off all her decorations in her room, its definitely time to show off her!!! She is almost 15 weeks old already...I really cant believe it!!!

playing with her elephant

daddy time

sweet baby


No comments:

Post a Comment