Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pom-Pom Family

Well, both of my little girls have been sick ALL weekend. Since we had to stay home and nurse them back to health me and David decided to start on our To Do List {that we made over a year ago when we first moved into our house}. Out of the LONG list we chose to start on the crown-molding. {before David worked for the Sheriff's Department he ran a framing crew, so he is REALLY good at handy stuff like this!!}

The first thing that HAD TO BE DONE was to paint the wood {it was disgusting}! So I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. It didnt take to long to paint all of it since it was a simple straight line I was painting...but I did have to put 3-4 coats on each piece. Man oh man, its amazing how you can just paint over all kinds of nastiness, {yes that is a word} and get such a beautiful result. It all looked brand new!!!!

After we let it dry over night David started to hang it...all the loud pounding was wonderfully annoying!! Since Misti and Kristen spent the night, all the girls wanted to do something fun to get their minds off the noise. Then an amazing idea hit us...to make little people out of pom-pom balls!!!! {i secretly think me and Misti were more excited about it than the girls, but we can pretend it was the other way around}

I had to feed Bailee {yes, I am still breast-feeding} so I left Misti in charge of the hot glue gun. BAD IDEA. She scorched her finger {I couldn't help but laugh} while gluing a pom-pom to a clip. Oh well, look at my super cute little pom-pom family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment