Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mr. Turtle

Well I can honestly say that I did a good deed yesterday...Carlee, Bailee and myself saved a turtle. I know I know, are we not the sweetest people on the entire planet??? Let me tell you exactly how this adventure happened.

Teddy was barking outside {nothing new} so I peeked out the back door...and what did I see? TEDDY WAS TRYING TO DIG OUT OF THE FENCE {which he has done before may I add}!! He was out there digging and crying his little heart out, so obviously I ran out there to see what in the world was so important to him. Boy was I in for a surprise, because when I finally got to the part of the fence where he was there was a poor, helpless turtle. He must have fallen down the hill behind our fence {wait...can turtles fall, we will say they can}! He was stuck right up against our fence, and little Teddy was going crazy trying to get him. Im sure he just wanted to play with him {he is known for playing with other animals and insects}. Right away I knew I had to save the little turtle, especially since Teddy was literally a few more digs away from being out of the fence. Me, Carlee and Bailee trotted out of the fence and walked behind our house to where the little turtle was.

If you have ever been to my house you probably know that behind our fence there is a little rocky hill {that desperately needs landscaping}. Well....try walking down that holding a 3 month old baby wearing Birkenstock's. I thought I was gonna die a few times, but nonetheless I made it down the little hill to where the turtle was.



He was probably shaking in his little shell, but at least he had a good shell to protect him! Once I got close enough to pick him up I saw that Teddy had actually been digging on him a little bit. Poor little guy!!

So now I was holding Bailee in one arm, a turtle in the other hand I had to try and get up that rocky hill without falling. Lets just say it was MUCH easier going down it than it was up. Little monkey Carlee didnt have any trouble going up it at all, and was very impatiently waiting for the rest of us to meet her at the top. Finally we {and by we I mean me, Bailee and the turtle} made it safely to the top. Whew....Ill never ever do that again!!

Now that we saved the turtle we had a new dilemma...where do we put him so he wont fall back down the hill. I decided it would be best if we took him to the top of the driveway, near the water tower. Carlee carried him {smiling and giggling} until we found him a nice flat home. We said our goodbyes, set him down and told him not to fall down the big hill again.



On the way back down the driveway, me and Carlee decided to name him Mr. Turtle. That was a great adventure for the day, and it felt good to save a little helpless animal...even if it was just a turtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment