Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chiropractor

WOW! Has it really been a WEEK since I last posted on my blog? I have been EXTREMELY busy with life, work, and most importantly family...so its safe to say that I put my blog on the back-burner. All is well in the Arnold household, and here is a quick update on my little family.

Carlee got her flu shot Monday {hilarious story}
Bailee weighs 14 pounds 5 ounces and is 26.5 inches long {4 months old}
David is finally off night shift {HUGH sigh of relief}
I am working like a busy bee on lots of web design clients and MY HEADACHE IS GONE!!!!!

I don't think I could ever put enough emphasis on how relieved I am that my horrific 6 week headache is gone! Yes, you read that right...6 week headache. I literally thought I was going to go insane from the pain. It almost became a natural feeling for me...yet it was still so unbearable. I tried everything to get rid of it...massages {David could easily be a massage therapist}, drinking lots of water, cool ice packs, more sleep, relaxation, diet, exercise, steam room, aromatherapy, dark rooms, and a few different medications.

NOTHING HELPED!

Obviously, a web savvy mommy like myself thought it would be a good idea to Google my problem. May I just say I totally freaked myself out. I saw tons of scary reasons I could be suffering from migraines {tumors and rare medical conditions are what I mainly remember}. I quickly closed my computer. As I walked away I told myself those are all so far fetched...I am perfectly healthy and I have a headache because my hormones are still so crazy from having Bailee. 

Yesterday, as I was sitting at my moms house, my wonderful nurse called me. I called her earlier that day because I was so upset about my headaches, I literally didnt know what to do anymore. First she told me I may need to see my primary care doctor because it sounds like my pain was only getting worse. After we chatted for a few minuets I asked her if she knew anything about chiropractic care. She immediately started telling me about how her chiropractor helped her after the birth of her son, that I should give it a try for sure!!

I hung up the phone and remembered that I actually had just received a card in the mail about a new chiropractor in the area, Well Adjusted Chiropractic. I quickly dialed the number and explained to him about my headache. Luckily, a new patient had just cancelled 45 mins ago, so he was able to see me in 1 hour.

I'm not gonna lie, I was a tad bit freaked out about letting someone pop around on me. I mean I have been to a chiropractor before, but I think he was LOONEY! So I just assumed that all chiropractors were the same, and used the same technique. Boy was I wrong!! Dr. Miles at Well Adjusted Chiropractic was so informative, and immediately knew why I had been suffering from a severe headache. Lets just say my head was VERY CROOKED.  He said it was more common for women to be twisted at the bottom of their backs after childbirth, but I was one of the lucky ones where my upper back/neck was not in correct alignment. 

A few AMAZING pops later, I was out of there. My whole visit {x-rays included} only took 36 minuets. I immediately felt a huge relief as soon as he straightened my neck back up. As the night progressed my headache was barely noticeable...and when I woke up bright and early this morning IT WAS GONE! Now, I hope im not jinxing myself by telling you this, but it really is gone. I did a little happy dance {very entertaining by the way} and started to clean my dirty house. I know I'm strange. I feel like I have been reborn {ok, maybe that is over-exaggerating}! I am just so thankful I'm not suffering from that pain any longer, and hopefully I will stay pain free for a long long time!!!!  


1 comment: