Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Papaw

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 would have been my Papaw's 82nd birthday. He lost his battle to cancer almost 3 short years ago. My Papaw was extremely close to me, and I miss him terribly. We started a tradition on the Christmas he went to Heaven that we would write him letters on a balloon, then send them up to him. It is a really special moment!!

I truly believe my Papaw is the GUARDIAN ANGEL of my little family, and he is looking down on us smiling at all we have achieved in life. He loved his family so much, and was the hardest working man I know. Carlee was almost 2 when he left us, and to this day she still talks about him. She meant the world to him, and I wish everyday that he was here to see his second great-granddaughter, Bailee.





Mamaw writing to Papaw

Carlee wrote her own name {its upside down in this picture though}




Carlee's lipstick kiss




  
The let go...









Me, Carlee and Mamaw

Daddy got Bailee to sleep

Balloon's up up and away



I love and miss you Papaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment