Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Skunky

As I sit here this foggy Tuesday morning {watching cartoons with my girls} my mind starts to wander...and it stops at the first time me and David ever went anywhere together. I don't remember the exact date, but it was in early 2006. We had been hanging out at the fire hall {yes, that used to be the cool thing to do} and of course I was hungry. I feel like I used to be a bottomless pit {and now it is all catching up to me, but we wont go there today}. So we hopped in my Jeep and away we drove. I was craving Wendy's, and of course David said that was fine.

I got a nugget kids meal {yes that was cool then too} and when David tried to pay, I smacked his hand down and handed the lady my card. He looked at me like I was crazy, but I didn't care...I didn't want him to have to pay for me. I know that sounds strange, but thats just how I used to be.

Anyways...when I got my kids meal open I saw my toy in the bottom. It was a little skunk stuffed animal. You know those little TY beanie baby look a-likes, well that's what this was. I named him Skunky.

Skunky
Skunky rode around with me for almost 2 years...no lie!!! Every time I looked at him it always made me smile because I thought of David. And guess what....I still have Skunky to this day. He sits either on my window seal above my kitchen sink, or above my stove so I can always see him. I know it may seem silly or childish to still have a little stuffed animal I got from a kids meal, but it really means a lot to. He makes my heart happy!!

Me and David have been married for over 5 years, and I love him {and my girls} more than anything in the whole world. They are my entire life, and I'd be so lost without them! We have been through our ups and downs, and they have all made our relationship so much stronger. Yes, while I do wish I could erase all my very bad mistakes...I cant. I have to live with that, but David truly loves me for who I am, even with all my flaws. I believe and know we are meant for each other, and I wouldn't trade him in for anything {even my Hollywood crush Bradley Cooper}. *giggle*


I LOVE YOU DAVID! 

No comments:

Post a Comment